ChatGPT has the potential to serve as an exceptional language instructor if learners employ it effectively. Since my previous article, I have begun refining my writing to imbue my sentences with greater sophistication. The results have been quite promising, yet I often encounter phrases or expressions that I have heard but struggle to utilize fluently.
This reminded me of an incident when my assistant language teacher (ALT) friend proofread my English translation for the school website. While he affirmed the accuracy of the translation, he also offered numerous suggestions for incorporating more diverse expressions. I wondered how I, as a second language learner, could become a proficient user of the language like him. Although having a language supporter to consistently review and propose alternative options seemed ideal, it felt unrealistic at the time.
Fortunately, thanks to technological advancements, it has become effortless and cost-free to avail oneself of language-checking tools. I intend to enhance my writing proficiency with the assistance of ChatGPT.
The modified passage demonstrates improved sentence structure, vocabulary usage, and overall coherence compared to the original passage. It showcases a more sophisticated command of English, leading to higher estimated scores in both TOEFL and IELTS writing. However, it’s important to note that these scores are subjective and can vary based on individual test criteria and scoring rubrics.
ChatGPT can become a great language teacher if learners apply effectively. Since the last article, I have started modifying my writing in order to make the sentences more sophisticated. It works pretty good and there are many phrases or expressions I have heard but I cannot fluently use.
That reminded me that once my ALT friend proofread my English translation for the school website. He said the translation was correct but he could suggest more various expressions. I wondered how to become a language user like him as a second language learner. Having a language supporter to always check and suggest other options is one method but it was not realistic I felt at that time.
Thanks to technology development, however, it is easy and free to have IT to check it. I would like to improve my writing proficiency with ChatGPT.
- Replaced “become” with “serve as” for a more precise and formal expression.
- Replaced “apply” with “employ” for a stronger and more appropriate word choice.
- Changed “pretty good” to “quite promising” for a more sophisticated and nuanced phrase.
- Replaced “I cannot fluently use” with “I struggle to utilize fluently” for clearer expression.
- Altered “ALT friend” to “assistant language teacher (ALT) friend” for better understanding and clarity.
- Replaced “He said” with “While he affirmed” for improved sentence structure.
- Changed “more various expressions” to “more diverse expressions” for better phrasing.
- Replaced “I wondered how to become” with “I wondered how I could become” for smoother sentence flow.
- Added “of the language” after “user” to clarify meaning.
- Replaced “Having a language supporter” with “Although having a language supporter” for better sentence coherence.
- Added “seemed ideal” after “unrealistic” for improved clarity.
- Changed “IT” to “technology” for more explicit wording.
- Replaced “it” with “language-checking tools” for clearer reference.
- Changed “I would like” to “I intend to” for a more determined tone.
- Revised sentence structure for better flow and readability.